On June 14th 2017, The Hashtag Awards celebrated the best of the digital west!
The inaugural Hashtag Awards served as the opening night of the 2017 SocialWest Conference, honouring all those who work in the worlds of digital marketing and social media across Western Canada.
The 2017 Hashtag Awards Winners, Honourable Mentions, and Finalists!
Thank you to all of our entrants, and congratulations to our 2017 winners.
- Calgary Sexual Health Centre (HONOURABLE MENTION)
- Calgary Zoo
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights (WINNER)
- National Music Centre
Best Small Business: Food & Beverage
- Chirp Foods Inc. O/A McDonald's (WINNER)
- People's Choice Beef Jerky (Agency: Evans Hunt)
- Village Brewery
Best Small Business: Service
- Natural Health Services (WINNER)
- PortaPal (HONOURABLE MENTION)
Best Social or Digital Advertising Campaign
- “Amplify” Campaign – ATB Financial (Agency: Vovia) (WINNER)
- Guest Appreciation Nights – Hudsons Canada's Pub (Agency: OnlinePresentz)
- HIV Tonight - HIV Edmonton (Agency: Calder Bateman) (HONOURABLE MENTION)
- #LoveYYC - Tourism Calgary and Calgary Economic Development (Agency: Venture Communications)
- The Residences at ICE District – The Legends Private Residences (Agency: DDB Canada)
Best Use of Multi-Media or New Technology
- Peavey Loves Pets - Peavey Mart
- Refugee Crisis – Canadian Labour Congress (Agency: Redline Interactive (WINNER)
- The Justin and Greg Show - Pidgeon Social Communications Inc. (HONOURABLE MENTION)
Best Campaign for Social Good
- Gorilla Tactics to Save Wild Habitat – Calgary Zoo (HONOURABLE MENTION)
- Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women - Canadian Labour Congress, Fairness Works Campaign (Agency: Redline Interactive) (HONOURABLE MENTION)
- One Good Scam – Alberta Securities Commission (Agency: Edelman) (HONOURABLE MENTION)
- Pride Tape (Agency: Calder Bateman) (WINNER)
- Refugee Crisis – Canadian Labour Congress (Agency: Redline Interactive (HONOURABLE MENTION)
Social Agency of The Year
- DDB Edmonton (WINNER)
- North Strategic
- OnlinePresentz (HONOURABLE MENTION)
- Venture Communications
Community Manager of the Year
- Eli Clark – OnlinePresentz (HONOURABLE MENTION)
- Andrea Davis-Yue - City of Calgary (WINNER)
- Alex Imler - Venture Communications/District Ventures
- Amy Lafleche - Natural Health Services (HONOURABLE MENTION)
- Dustin Miller - JustBeer / Mobility Quotient
2017 Hashtag Awards Jury
- Peter Bishop
President of Digital Alberta and the Partner and Creative Director at ZGM Collaborative Marketing.
- Alex Kingcott
President of Shareworthy Content Lab, which helps artists, individuals, and organizations tell their stories better through online content, media relations, and social media.
- Darian Kovacs
The Co-Director of the Canadian Internet Marketing Conference, as well as, the Principal and Director of Strategy at Jelly Marketing, based in Langley, BC.
- Grace K Lu
An avowed hardcore nerd who collects comic & action figures, she created & maintains several popular nerdy blogs. Grace assists with social media for Calgary Expo, Wordfest, MakerFaire, Beakerhead, Panel One and Edmonton Expo.
- Terry Rock, PhD
Works with senior leaders and boards through Rock Strategy & Leadership. He is also the Executive Director of the Alberta Small Brewers Association and a Strategic Advisor to Alberta Music Cities.
Sign Up for Email Updates
Get the latest info about The 2018 Hashtag Awards and SocialWest as it becomes available by adding your name to the list below. We'll email you occasional updates about SocialWest and the Hashtag Awards. You can unsubscribe at any time using the link included in all messages.
Tell your friends and colleagues about the Hashtag Awards: