On June 13th 2018, The Hashtag Awards will celebrate the best of the digital west!
Western Canada's Social Media Awards
Nominations are now closed for the 2nd Annual Hashtag Awards (#HashtagAwards), celebrating individuals and organizations who excel in digital marketing and social media across Western Canada. The Awards will serve as the opening night of SocialWest, the largest social media and digital marketing conference on the Prairies.
The 2018 Finalists
We're very pleased to announce the finalists for the 2018 Hashtag Awards. Winners will be announced at the SocialWest Opening Bash on June 13th, 2018.
Best Use of Social Media: Non-Profit
- Agriculture More Than Ever
- CBC Manitoba & CBC Saskatchewan
- Tourism Calgary with Destination Think!
- University of Calgary Alumni
- YWCA Calgary
Best Use of Social Media: Business
- Blanco Cantina
- DDB Edmonton, for Champion Pet Foods
- Farmers Edge
- Patio, for Saucony
Best Social Media Campaign
- “Giving Day” by University of Calgary Alumni
- “IBS Clinical Trial Recruitment Campaign” by Habit, for Northern Alberta Clinical Trials + Research Centre
- ‘"Life’s Simple Ingredient” by AdFarm for Alberta Wheat Commission
- “No more ***king at credit unions” by CUmark for Luminus Financial
- “READ150” by Calgary Public Library
Social Agency of the Year
- DDB Edmonton
Community Manager of the Year
- Courtney Higgins, Edmonton Tourism
- Gagan Sidhu, Calgary Public Library
- Jenna Stothers, Calgary Airport Authority
- Keisha Russell, Tourism Calgary
- Sarah Lamoureux, Theatre Calgary
- Tyler Butler, ATB Financial
There is no cost to apply.
Who can apply:
Nominations are open for companies and individuals from British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
In-house, agency and independent communications practitioners and entrepreneurs representing private, corporate, non-profit and government sectors can be nominated. Entries may be self-nominated, or individuals may nominate a company or a client.
Awards are for work or campaigns completed between April 5, 2017 and April 6, 2018.
Individuals registered for SocialWest can register to attend the Hashtag Awards free of charge - watch your email for details. Limited standalone tickets for the Hashtag Awards are also available now.